Sunday, October 24, 2010

I don't know where it is!!!

Jenn:

"Mom where's my shoes?" "Mom I can't find my toy" "Mom where's my backpack?" Sound familiar? Why do our kids expect us to know the exact location of everything they have ever touched?! I usually have something smart to say like " I don't know I put it back when I used it" or "Maybe if you put it wear it belonged you would find it!" These obviously mean nothing to him considering this war has been going on for about 6 years. Why does this happen? Why hasn't my 9 year old figured out that I am not lo-jack for his stuff? It's so annoying! Everyday he has misplaced something else! Not only does HE lose it he expects ME to find it!!  I mean really what does he think happens? I sneak in and hide his stuff from him? Aliens come in and use lasers to move his things while he is sleeping!! Hopefully one day he will figure that he is responsible for his things. Not me!!

Jamie:

It's funny because my three year old has started demanding that if he can't find something that I go find it for him.  He'll say "you find it mom!", and I tell him that I don't have to find it and if he wants to play with it then he will have to go and look for it himself.  I can't believe that it starts at such a young age, and apparently never ends.  My brother who is now 30 still does it to my mom and gets extremely upset and blames everyone else for his misplaced item.  It's absolutly ridiculous!!  I don't know if it's a guy thing or what?  I don't ask my husband to find something that I lost, I simply ask him if he's seen what I'm looking for and if he hasn't I try to think of the last place I had it.  Is it really that hard to keep track of our own stuff?  I mean really!

1 comment:

  1. What's funny about this post, is that I ALWAYS know where whatever my husband is looking for is. It's like some weird sixth sense. I hope DJ can keep track of his stuff when he gets older!

    (I doubt it)

    ReplyDelete