Monday, December 20, 2010

So Many Reasons to Be Happy!!

Our Family 
I shall be blogging alone Jamie went on vacation for this week. Last week I wrote about things that irritate me during this season. This week I want to spread joy by sharing all the things that make me grateful for this season.

1. Christmas lights!! I love Christmas lights. Big display, small display it doesn't matter. I makes me extremely joyful to drive down the road and see them.
Kat hanging her ornament.
2. Decorating the tree with my kids. Sure my son hangs the ornaments too close together and my daughter would rather eat them it's still a great time. I love seeing the old ornaments and remembering when and where we got them. It's like family history on a tree!
3. One word: COOKIES!!!!!
4. Going to great lengths to surprise my husband. He is a present shaker and tries to guess what he is getting. This steals my joy cause then I don't get to see his happy face when he opens it. So now I find joy in wrapping his presents so that there is no possible way he can guess what is in them! How is he gonna know it's a movie when it's wrapped in a box with rice, pennies.and rocks. Take that present shaker!!!!!
5. Cookie caravan. Every year after baking ridiculous amounts of cookies my family, friends and I deliver them to police stations, fire stations,and hospitals on Christmas eve.
6.Armed Services YMCA. Every year they provide Christmas presents to at least 300 military families.
7. My daughter trying to learn to walk and dance to Christmas music. I am an experienced walker and I cannot walk and dance at the same time!!
8.Family coming over for Christmas dinner. We don't have much family here so it's nice when we can all gather together.
9. Presents!!!!!!!!!! Not necessarily for me. I love seeing the excitement on my families faces when they open their gifts.
10. Kat's first birthday! My baby is almost one!!
11. School Christmas shows. I love seeing my son in an elf hat.
School Christmas Concert

12.Christmas movies. Who doesn't feel warm and fuzzy after watching " It's a Wonderful Life"
13. My birthday. I have a complex cause my birthday is 3 days before Christmas. It gets forgotten a lot. I tell complete strangers it's my birthday so they will tell me happy birthday!
14. Christmas music


Well there it is my list of Christmas joy. I am sure I forgot some things. Overall this is a season for joy, family, and sharing. I wish you and yours all the joy and happiness of this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment