Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy New Year! Well almost.

aThese last few weeks have just been chaotic.  We left for our family vacation last sunday the 19th, and the trip started out really well considering we planned to leave at six in the morning and didn't end up getting out the door until nine. But hey lets face it with kids you're usually running behind schedule.  So we started the first leg of our journey to the Grand Canyon.  Our first official stop was in barstow at the marine corps base out there.  It was very desolate and we even saw some tumble weeds roll on by.  The wind was so strong that it knocked Chloe on her butt.  We stayed there for a bit and resumed our first day to Las Vegas.






        Let me just tell you that I'm not really for the whole vegas scene. I don't gamble and the place just gives me horrible vibes.  Anyway, so the grand plan was to go to a really good buffet.  I figure, hey I take the kids with Jenn all the time to a resturant, what's the big deal with taking them out to a buffet.  Well let me tell you what's wrong with taking three kids to a buffet in Las Vegas.  We get there, and get the kids situated with their food and drink.  I am sitting with the kids while Sean goes to get his plate, and after Andrew chugged his lemonade he promptly vomits all over himself.  I tried my best to catch as much of it as I could with the napkin.  Of course I forgot to bring the kids a change of clothes, and it's not like we could just leave we paid $80 for the meal!  So, Sean comes back and as soon as I get ready to take my first bite of food after cleaning up Andrew as much as I could, Chloe poops up her back. Luckily only getting on her back and a little on her pants.  I go to take her to the bathroom and there is a group of tourists taking a photo blocking the exit, finally they move and I can proceed to the bathroom which is lacking a changing station.  So I changed her on the sink, the rest of the dinner was alright considering how much we spent.  So the next time you're thinking of going to a buffet with small children remember that disasters happen usually when you're left alone.
   The next morning, Colin threw up in his bed around 3, and I was up at 7 sick myself throwing up and diahrea.  What a way to start off our trip!  That day we continued on to the grand canyon!  We stopped at the Hoover Dam.  It was really neat, had never been there before.  The wind was crazy strong and oh my gosh was it cold!  The kids were fussy so we didn't stay there too long.  I don't blame them I was cold and couldn't wait to get back in the car.  We checked into our hotel that night and had some jacuzzi time. AHHHH, relaxation!

        The next day was our day at the grand canyon!  It was so spectacular, photos don't do it justice!  It was a lot of fun and we met some cool people there.  The storm came in that afternoon, it had been a little behind us the entire trip.  San Diego and the base were flooded, Las Vegas strip was flooding from what I heard.  I'm glad to have missed all that weather.  So we saw some snow and the clouds blocked the view.  But we were able to see it more the next day after it cleared up. 
      The next day we went to my dear old friend Ashley's house.  I got to meet her son, Fiance and hairless cat!  Those things are so strange, but friendly.  We spent the night there and hung out the next day took the kids to the park and just let them have a kid day.  Then I bathed them loaded them up and we made the last leg of our journey, HOME!  I will say that it's not such a good idea driving at night.  Sure the kids are sleeping but it's sooo hard to stay awake for a 6 hour drive!  Luckily we made it home around 4 am, and I just dropped my head in the pillow and fell asleep.
    Overall it was a really wonderful trip, I'm glad to have had this time with my family.  I will forever remeber this trip and smile.  Now that 2010 is almost over, I'm looking forward to 2011 and hoping it will be just as fun and productive.  May you all have had a happy holiday, and be safe in the new year!!

                            Happy Holidays
                                                 &
                                                Happy New Year!!



No comments:

Post a Comment